You are willing to have an impact, have a meaningful job, and you are passionate about equity, development, global health?
Join the PANTHER!
PANdemic preparedness for Health and Emerging infections’ Response :
A sustainable & collaborative clinical research platform ─ linking Europe and Africa ─
for preparedness and rapid pandemic response.
PANTHER is born from the lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic in Africa. This experience highlighted that Low and Middle-income Countries (LMICs) need to be better prepared to accelerate the clinical research response to new infectious disease outbreaks in Africa. The region still faces administrative, financing, and regulatory bottlenecks that should be overcome.
PANTHER was designed to address these hurdles and to prompt response to emerging pandemics. PANTHER aims to enable African countries to be self-sufficient in research and development of medical products, drugs, or strategies that, in turn, allow them to craft and improve their response systems.
PANTHER proposes a new approach based on a collaborative research model to rapidly develop more concrete, inclusive, and sustainable operational preparedness and response plans in Africa. A small operational team is being set up with dedicated and versatile colleagues willing to have an impact in Global health.
The Executive and Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for the administration and secretary of the General Delegate and Board. S/he will also provide support to the team as appropriate. S/he reports to the General Delegate.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- To support the General Delegate in organisation and planning of activities
- To organize travel, itineraries, booking train and flight tickets directly, arranging visas, preparation of travel agenda and supporting documents;
- To organize meetings, conference registrations, maintaining and updating agenda, arranging logistic support for meetings as required
- To assist the GD in monitoring specific projects
- To welcome incoming visitors and interact with external partners upon needs
- To take notes during meetings (e.g., Board/GA meetings, key internal team meetings, ad hoc committees)
- To write minutes after meetings and ensure validation process.
- To prepare documents upon needs (eg. ppt presentation for the GD, edit correspondence…)
- To support the GD and relevant colleagues in organisation of the Board of Directors, Committees and General assembly meetings, including the logistics and meeting preparation.
- To organize travel, itineraries, hotel booking and all logistics of meeting participants.
- To record, transcribe and ensure validation and distribution of minutes of Board meetings and when required, of relevant Committees.
- To organise Team meetings and video-conferences, including travels and accommodation of invited experts if necessary.
- To maintain and share PANTHER’s overall planning (e.g., key meetings, travels, events, project milestones, donor reporting…)
- To support team members as appropriate, in the spirit of overall team agility and effectiveness.
- To liaise with the CRC19 Coalition supported by PANTHER– https://covid19crc.org/
- Filing of key document and maintenance of PANTHER SharePoint
- Maintain contact database (CRM)
We are looking for someone like you:
- We are looking for a team player, agile and versatile, who can deal with many topics and has good writing skills. As a key member of PANTHER, you can take initiatives and exercise good judgement. You communicate well with our partners and stakeholders, while respecting confidentiality; you speak English and French fluently (African languages would be a plus!).
- As you pay attention to details and accuracy, you follow up on projects and make sure things get done, all the better than you plan well ahead!
- You have ideally gained some experience internationally in Global health, a life sciences company or an NGO in the humanitarian field, ideally working with/in Africa.
- You have been at least five years as the trusted personal assistant of a senior leader and you have been interacting with Board members.
- Obviously, you are Word, Excel and PowerPoint savvy, and also agile with SharePoint or other database and filing system.
- You have a bachelor’s degree? Including some legal studies? this is a plus!
Full time position, open ended contract (located in the PariSanté Campus)
Time to join the PANTHER!
CV and Application letter by September 10th, 2023.
PANTHER is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity and inclusiveness.